Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Thing #18

It is important that teachers know how social networking works because they can use this technology to communicate with other teachers and organization that can enhance their teaching.  Also, it is a great way to keep up with current events in your field of teaching.  I have used Twitter and Facebook before for my personal use but one thing I did learn that was new was the fact that twitter has a lot of organizations that that are involving education.  Some of those include Ed Week Teacher, NOAA Teacher at Sea and Molecular Biology.  I like both Twitter and Facebook but tend to like Facebook more because I feel that it is more user friendly and you can do more things with it such as set up a profile of what your interest are and things you like to do for fun.  I feel that Facebook is more personal than Twitter.  I feel that Facebook has the most  useful features. I can see a school application for both Twitter and Facebook such that you can have students look up different organizations that apply to your subject area and see what they have to offer to the students.  Students maybe interested in seeing what that organization has to provide to society and if that is something they may want to do in their future.


No comments:

Post a Comment