Thursday, April 25, 2013

Is It the End or Only the Beginning?

My favorite discovers of the 23 Things blog was the Animoto, Flowcarts and the Mashup.  I feel that all the applications I learned from 23 Things blog will help me be a more effective teacher in the future.  By using all these applications, I feel that students will be more engaged in the classroom.  Some of the take-a-ways from this program that surprised me was that how much fun it is to use all these applications.  I really enjoyed the applications were you can manipulate and do a slide show of pictures.  I feel that some of these application, which for the most are useful, are somewhat out of date or not as relevant.  For example, mostly everyone uses Facebook or Twitter and I felt that this application really shouldn't be used in a classroom setting.  What I have learned will influence my practices as a teacher by using the technology and applications that I have learned about in my future classroom.  A way that I will keep up with the developments in web 2.0 is by always looking for new applications out on the web and communicating with other teachers on what is the new application to use in the classroom.  I found web 2.0 to be useful by providing me with a lot of insight on how applications can make teachers lives more organized and easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment